How will we consume?
How will we move through the city?
How will we raise our kids?
How will we take care of each other?
And how do we WANT to live?
BrusselAVenir depicts new narratives for Brussels – together with citizens, entrepreneurs, experts and creatives.
Future imaginaries have a power to inspire innovation and shape our societies. We live in times of uncertainty, chaos, increasing inequalities and fears about tomorrow. We know how to analyse the problems. But what we need is new co-created stories that stimulate us to work towards it together.
Every six months, we crowdsource a question on how we will live in our city in 2030. We select one question to work on, map the current situation and imagine possible futures in open workshops. We discuss the future visions with citizens and choose the most desired ones. These ideas become stories as we shape them into different forms – print, video, theatre, exhibitions… – and spread them throughout the city.
We are an independent project without any political agenda; what makes us get up in the morning are following beliefs:
- Futures are there to inspire and empower, they are not set in stone or for granted.
- Clarity within complexity is what we need.
- We sense and do, and are proud of our imperfections.
- We act Brussels, but think global.
- Every voice counts, that’s why our ears are open to all of you.
- Together we do better.